Monday, November 12, 2012

JFF - Miniature Tigers, "Female Doctor"

It's no secret that my tastes gravitate towards "indie" POP acts (don't ask me to define "indie," I have no flippin idea how to anymore).  That's one of the reasons I love that I co-blog with Gregory, because not only is he my good friend, but he knows much more about the Rihannas, Beyonces, & Katys of the world than I ever will.  I think this makes for a really fun & diverse blog... but then again I'm a little biased.

To get to the point, I'm really impressed with Miniature Tigers this year. I adored these guys when their first album Tell It To the Volcano came out in 2008 but virtually forgot about them until 2012. Thankfully the year has been good to them-- they've released their their third album, Mia Pharoah, & toured with one of the year's best break-through bands, fun. (perhaps you've heard of them?).  Female Doctor is a catchy little number off of their latest album; for those of you who haven't heard it, check out the music video below.  Be warned: it's a little "racey" -- but not in a NickiMinajRihLannaDelRey kind of way (don't worry, bountiful breasts are involved).


If you find you enjoy this mild brand of nerd POP as much as I do, catch these fellas on tour.  Yay for Miniature Tigers!  You silly bastards.

Unapologetically,

Minna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!