Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Charli XCX (otherwise known as Blu Cantrell)


I just heard Charli XCX's new track, Cloud Aura, featuring Brooke Candy (because she's edible?) from Charli's Super Ultra Mixtape, out on Wednesday, November 7. The electro-POP confection is quite tasty. However, is it just me, or does the melody sound suspiciously similar to Blu Cantrell's Hit 'Em Up Style (Oops!)? I'm not complaining; that song was my bedroom jam in 7th grade.

Actually, scratch that. I am complaining! Charli is a good songwriter. I'm tired of hearing old melodies in new songs by REALLY GOOD SONGWRITERS. Let's use our talents to come up with some original-sounding material, please! Kthnx.

Am I delusional? Do these two songs sound nothing alike? Tell me what you think.




Unapologetically,

Gregory

1 comment:

  1. i actually think it's intentional! If you listen to the lyrics of the song, they have very similar themes. It's an homage to blu.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment!