Sunday, June 24, 2012

'90s Sunday - NoToriAmos


Minna and I have returned from New York just in time for '90s Sunday. We'll publish a post about our time at the New Music Seminar soon, but in the meantime, we thought we'd treat y'all to some '90s sugar. My pick is Tori Amos' Silent All These Years, her closest approximation to an American hit. I've never been a huge fan of Tori's; I'm not familiar with most of her catalog, nor do I have the desire to check it out. Thus, the fact that I remember this song AND like it implies that it must have been a hit (to me, anyway).

I love how sparkly the piano keys sound. The melody possesses hints of rainy day darkness, making me want to go hibernate in a nook somewhere. Half the time, I don't even know what Tori's lyrics refer to, but they're so neurotic that I, by default, relate. Plus, with all the piano princesses (Fiona & Regina) releasing albums, it seems fit to honor the woman who paved the way.

I really like the video. The white background and squares remind me of Robyn's Handle Me. Check out both, below!

Happy '90s Sunday! Have a great week, lovers.

Unapologetically,

Gregory

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!