Today, we have something fantastically exciting. Our BEST/WORST of the year choices have arrived! However, instead of doing it on our own, we've collaborated with FIVE of our favorite blogs. Each blog has a best/worst pick for every category, and each blog is displaying one category, so you must check out the other sites to see all of our nominations. Since y'all love us, and we love these blogs, we figure you might love them enough to add them to your daily reading list (there's some sort of mathematical theory about this, right? - if A=B and B=C, then A=C?) All of the blogs thought it would be fun to do an interactive end of year poll, in which every reader can name his or her best choices (unfortunately, we couldn't do one for worst)! As an FYI, the poll only displays our choices for BEST of the year, so if you want to see what we picked for 'WORST' in each category, you must visit the other blogs' sites (we've provided links below).
Anyhow, let's get started, shall we? Here at Unapologetically POP, we're displaying each blog's choice for...
Best & Worst Collaborations of 2011:
Whats That Music Guy:
- BEST: Chris Brown ft. Lil Wayne & Busta Rhymes - Look At Me Now
- WORST: Katy Perry ft. Missy Elliot - Last Friday Night (TGIF) Remix
- BEST: Cher Lloyd and Mike Posner - With Your Love
- WORST: Porcelain Black and Lil Wayne - This is What Rock N' Roll Looks Like – It’s like chewing on dirt. Our ears are still bleeding. Not even RedOne could save this song – too, too, TOO rough.
To view our choices in the rest of the categories, click the links below!
- Best/Worst Solo Artist: http://popledge.co.uk/
- Best/Worst New Artist and Best/Worst Group: http://www.
- Best/Worst Song: http://www.
- Best/Worst Music Video: http://www.
wackymusiccrazy.org/ (They won't have the results posted for a few days, as they're luxuriating in the Swiss Alps, so we'll just reveal our choice for Best/Worst Video below)
- Best/Worst Album: http://www.omfgmusic.net/
Unapologetically POP! Best/Worst Video
- BEST: Katy Perry – Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) - A neontastic ode to '80s POP culture (i.e. John Hughes movies). We love how Katy incorporates Kenny G, Debbie Gibson, Corey Feldman, Hanson, the Glee kids, and Rebecca Black – people from the all over the POP timeline.
- WORST: Rebecca Black – Friday - You’re 14 & driving to a club? You don’t even have your driver’s permit yet.
After you've looked over the above sites, please take a few minutes to share your picks for best/worst EVERYTHING in the poll below :)
Create your free online surveys with SurveyMonkey, the world's leading questionnaire tool.
We're excited to see what everyone picks (because YOU, dear readers, know all!) We'll be welcoming in the New Year with some pink champagne and a post about the poll results. Cheers!
Gregory & Minna